Faculty of Systems Engineering,
Dept. of Opto-Mechatronics,
930, Sakaedani, Wakayama
“Whole-Space Photomechanics Project” Establish Plan
Wakayama University has several seeds of "whole-space photomechanics".
These methods are useful for practical uses in industrial fields.
- Whole-space tabulation method
- Sampling moire method
- Digital holography
Development of new high speed and super-precision
measurement of 3D space (whole-space),
including internal and external object.
Applications of whole-space photomechanics
- Disaster prevention, application to the formation of long-life infrastructures.
- Application to inspection of industrial products.
- Human body measurements applied to such as medical treatment, welfare and apparel, etc.
Matching fund with
JST establishes a new fund in this year.
The purposes of the fund are ...
- This is a mating fund with regional organizations such as a regional government and companies.
- Maximum amount of the fund is 4,400,000 USD/year.
- The period is 5 years.
- New technologies on the province university are developed exceptionally.
- The regional industries are developed with using the outcomes of the new technologies.
Collaboration with a regional government and companies is important.
Special researcher team should be organized for developing the seeds.
- The fund is a matching fund with the regional organizations.
The outcome should be distributed to the industrial fields.
- The team is formed by invitation of distinguished researchers from other universities, institutes and companies in the world.
Investigation of possibility of our plan
We get a fund to investigate the possibility of our plan, “Whole-Space Photomechanics Project”.
- 30 projects were selected in whole Japan.
- Amount: 30,000 USD
- Period: from December 2008 to February 2009